Today, April 12, is Equal Pay Day in the United States — a way to address the fact that U.S. women still make 77 cents for each dollar that men earn. We can’t make it to the flash mob on Capitol Hill or join the women from 9to5 and AAUW lobbying for the long-stalled Paycheck Fairness Act. But we can bring you Lilly Ledbetter, from an Equal Pay Day two years ago, talking about how her fight against Goodyear Tire Co. taught her that we still need to fight. Have you called your Senator yet?
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In The News
Standing up for women
The Economist: May 23, 2013
Wanted: More Women to Become Financial Planners
Daily Finance: May 23, 2013
A fate worse than death for scores of African women
CNN: May 23, 2013
The World’s Most Powerful Women 2013
Forbes: May 22, 2013
New York Mayor Weiner? Most women say no thanks, poll finds
Los Angeles Times: May 22, 2013
Is South America’s latest strongman a woman?
Global Post: May 22, 2013
- Standing up for women
- Cheri Steinkellner on Older Women: The Bonus Evolution Hadn’t Planned On
- Jody on Does Your Sex Life Need an Upgrade? Senior Sex Expert Joan Price Can Help
- Susan Orlins on Manners Matter: Carelessness and the Opposable Thumb
- Richard Bready on Does Your Sex Life Need an Upgrade? Senior Sex Expert Joan Price Can Help
- Joan Liebmann-Smith on Manners Matter: Carelessness and the Opposable Thumb
- Laurie Graham on Manners Matter: Carelessness and the Opposable Thumb