Today, April 12, is Equal Pay Day in the United States — a way to address the fact that U.S. women still make 77 cents for each dollar that men earn. We can’t make it to the flash mob on Capitol Hill or join the women from 9to5 and AAUW lobbying for the long-stalled Paycheck Fairness Act. But we can bring you Lilly Ledbetter, from an Equal Pay Day two years ago, talking about how her fight against Goodyear Tire Co. taught her that we still need to fight. Have you called your Senator yet?
- How Gold Star Mothers Celebrate Memorial Day
- ‘Never Trumpet War as Glorious’: The History of Memorial Day
- Poetry Sunday: ‘How to Triumph Like a Girl’ by Ada Limón
- Ovarian Cysts in Post-Menopausal Women: What to Look For and What to Ask
- After Hysterectomy, a New Approach to Sex and Orgasm
- Menopause and Facial Hair: Some Solutions
- Ask Dr. Pat: Does Vulvar Melanoma Always Look Like the Photos in the Textbooks?
- Get Summer Arms in One Month
- Ask Dr. Pat: Is There a Connection Between Menopause and Foot Problems?
- Dr. Pat Consults: “I Tried That Dreadful Bowel Prep, but It Didn’t Work!”
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In the News
The Pakistani Squash Champion Who Disguised Herself as a Boy
Women in the World : May 20, 2016
The Foul Rein of the Biological Clock
The Guardian : May 11, 2016
Shedding a Light on Social Media Harassment of Female Sportswriters
Newsday: May 3, 2016
At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny
Women in the World : April 28, 2016
The Burqa: Tool of Oppression?
OF NOTE magazine: April 26, 2016
- The Pakistani Squash Champion Who Disguised Herself as a Boy