Today, April 12, is Equal Pay Day in the United States — a way to address the fact that U.S. women still make 77 cents for each dollar that men earn. We can’t make it to the flash mob on Capitol Hill or join the women from 9to5 and AAUW lobbying for the long-stalled Paycheck Fairness Act. But we can bring you Lilly Ledbetter, from an Equal Pay Day two years ago, talking about how her fight against Goodyear Tire Co. taught her that we still need to fight. Have you called your Senator yet?
- Not From Thin Air: The Emergence of Eating Disorders
- ‘The Female Gaze, Part Two: Women Look at Men’
- The Wednesday Five
- Pat Summitt: Coach Who Made a Difference in Many Ways
- Michelina’s Snails
- Summer Preview: Movies By, For, and About Women
- ‘Table for One’: Battle Cry of the Single Woman
- After a Cruel Diagnosis, Pat Summitt Teaches Another Lesson in How to Live
- Ovarian Cysts in Post-Menopausal Women: What to Look For and What to Ask
- Theater Review: Eve Ensler’s ‘In the Body of the World’ — When the V-Word Meets the C-Word
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In the News
Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?
Reader's Digest: June 2, 2016
The Pakistani Squash Champion Who Disguised Herself as a Boy
Women in the World : May 20, 2016
The Foul Rein of the Biological Clock
The Guardian : May 11, 2016
Shedding a Light on Social Media Harassment of Female Sportswriters
Newsday: May 3, 2016
At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny
Women in the World : April 28, 2016
- Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?