Today, April 12, is Equal Pay Day in the United States — a way to address the fact that U.S. women still make 77 cents for each dollar that men earn. We can’t make it to the flash mob on Capitol Hill or join the women from 9to5 and AAUW lobbying for the long-stalled Paycheck Fairness Act. But we can bring you Lilly Ledbetter, from an Equal Pay Day two years ago, talking about how her fight against Goodyear Tire Co. taught her that we still need to fight. Have you called your Senator yet?
- The Wednesday Five: Good News Edition
- Happy Mother’s Day: Grandparents’ 911. . . Continued
- On the Bright Side: Making a Relationship Work When Your Partner Can’t Change
- The Keenan Women: A Mother’s Day Reflection
- Fashionable Finds for Mother’s Day
- Ovarian Cysts in Post-Menopausal Women: What to Look For and What to Ask
- Ask Dr. Pat: Does Vulvar Melanoma Always Look Like the Photos in the Textbooks?
- After Hysterectomy, a New Approach to Sex and Orgasm
- Menopause and Facial Hair: Some Solutions
- Post-Traumatic Growth: New Life After the Harshest Winter
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In the News
At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny
Women in the World : April 28, 2016
The Burqa: Tool of Oppression?
OF NOTE magazine: April 26, 2016
At Last, a National Monument to Women’s Equality
National Geographic: April 21, 2016
This Saturday, on HBO: The Story of the Clarence Thomas Hearings
Today News: April 15, 2016
Gender Equality Will Add Trillions to U.S. Economy
TIME: April 11, 2016
- At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny