Lauren Manning has a 9/11 story more compelling than most. And she’s been bearing witness a lot this anniversary week, with the release of her new book Unmeasured Strength, written years after she made it out of World Trade Center Tower 2 with burns covering most of her body. Watch below if you want to see the definition of resilience.
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In The News
Many women don’t want to be CEO — and that’s OK
CBS MarketWatch: December 13, 2013
‘Saturday Night Live’ to Add Black Female Performer Next Month
New York Times: December 13, 2013
5 Innovative Trends in Women’s Economic Equality
Forbes: December 13, 2013
Patty Murray emerges as bipartisan figure after budget deal
CNN: December 13, 2013
Women’s rights pioneer Cornelia Pillard confirmed to D.C. Circuit Court
National Women's Law Center: December 12, 2013
‘Saving Mr. Banks’ Emma Thompson rescues the complex mind behind ‘Mary Poppins’
Chicago Tribune: December 12, 2013
- Many women don’t want to be CEO — and that’s OK
- ellen sue spicer-jacobson on Dr. Ford on Emotional Health: A Holiday Trifecta
- “Primary Lessons” on The Women’s Voice List | on The Women’s Voices List: Memoirs We Love
- Faith on The Wednesday 5: The Wellspring of Black Quotations, HIV+ Women Speak Out, and Janet Yellen = Overqualified?
- karen on “To Be Is to Do”: The Astonishing Entrepreneurs of TEDWomen 2013
- Emily Kelting on “To Be Is to Do”: The Astonishing Entrepreneurs of TEDWomen 2013
- Roz warren on “To Be Is to Do”: The Astonishing Entrepreneurs of TEDWomen 2013