Lauren Manning has a 9/11 story more compelling than most. And she’s been bearing witness a lot this anniversary week, with the release of her new book Unmeasured Strength, written years after she made it out of World Trade Center Tower 2 with burns covering most of her body. Watch below if you want to see the definition of resilience.
- Not From Thin Air: The Emergence of Eating Disorders
- ‘The Female Gaze, Part Two: Women Look at Men’
- Ovarian Cysts in Post-Menopausal Women: What to Look For and What to Ask
- After Hysterectomy, a New Approach to Sex and Orgasm
- Ask Dr. Pat: Does Vulvar Melanoma Always Look Like the Photos in the Textbooks?
- Pat Summitt: Coach Who Made a Difference in Many Ways
- Menopause and Facial Hair: Some Solutions
- Melissa Papock Upgrades Sun Protective Clothing with Style
- Dr. Pat Consults: “I Tried That Dreadful Bowel Prep, but It Didn’t Work!”
- Summer Preview: Movies By, For, and About Women
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In the News
Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?
Reader's Digest: June 2, 2016
The Pakistani Squash Champion Who Disguised Herself as a Boy
Women in the World : May 20, 2016
The Foul Rein of the Biological Clock
The Guardian : May 11, 2016
Shedding a Light on Social Media Harassment of Female Sportswriters
Newsday: May 3, 2016
At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny
Women in the World : April 28, 2016
- Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?