Lauren Manning has a 9/11 story more compelling than most. And she’s been bearing witness a lot this anniversary week, with the release of her new book Unmeasured Strength, written years after she made it out of World Trade Center Tower 2 with burns covering most of her body. Watch below if you want to see the definition of resilience.
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In The News
The Catch-22 of Women’s Magazines
Flavorwire: July 23, 2014
How Women And Minorities Get Penalized For Promoting Diversity
Fast Company: July 23, 2014
Money gap: Why don’t women give?
Politico: July 23, 2014
700 Million Women Were Child Brides, UNICEF Says
TIME: July 22, 2014
How Women Define Success
Forbes: July 22, 2014
This Young Woman Footballer Is More Popular Than Messi in Her Remote Village in Nepal
Global Voices Online: July 22, 2014
- The Catch-22 of Women’s Magazines
- Kelly on Roz Reviews: ‘Tender Is the Brisket’
- Nancy Prugh on Appalachian Voices: Power to the People!
- Toni Myers on Appalachian Voices: Power to the People!
- Deborah Harkins on Farewell to James Garner, with an Iconoclastic Comment About Elaine Stritch
- Wendl in Manhattan on Farewell to James Garner, with an Iconoclastic Comment About Elaine Stritch
- Susan Lapinski on Appalachian Voices: Power to the People!