We’ve long had Cynthia Nixon on our radar, whether as part of the Sex and the City crew or for her public revelation, in 2008, of her own recent breast cancer. The latter gives special gravitas, we think, to this particular member of WVFC’s series on Tony-Nominated Women with Honors. Nixon is being nominated for her performance, at Manhattan Theatre Club, in Margaret Edson’s Pulitzer-winning play Wit—an added reason why, perhaps, “Ms. Nixon seems to construct perfectly composed, illuminating and surprising thoughts with her sky-blue eyes—the kind of thoughts that if you saw them in print would make you stop and savor and reread,” as Ben Brantley described the performances in The New York Times. Whether Nixon ends up with a statuette or not, we suspect that the words “Best Actress” will remain hers forever.
- Not From Thin Air: The Emergence of Eating Disorders
- ‘The Female Gaze, Part Two: Women Look at Men’
- Ovarian Cysts in Post-Menopausal Women: What to Look For and What to Ask
- After Hysterectomy, a New Approach to Sex and Orgasm
- Pat Summitt: Coach Who Made a Difference in Many Ways
- Ask Dr. Pat: Does Vulvar Melanoma Always Look Like the Photos in the Textbooks?
- Menopause and Facial Hair: Some Solutions
- Dr. Pat Consults: “I Tried That Dreadful Bowel Prep, but It Didn’t Work!”
- Summer Preview: Movies By, For, and About Women
- The Wednesday Five
Help fund our non-profit mission
Use our Amazon Link whenever you shop
SEARCH OUR MEDICAL ARCHIVES . . .
. . . for authoritative posts
by WVFC's advisory board of top physicians
on health concerns that matter to you.
In the News
Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?
Reader's Digest: June 2, 2016
The Pakistani Squash Champion Who Disguised Herself as a Boy
Women in the World : May 20, 2016
The Foul Rein of the Biological Clock
The Guardian : May 11, 2016
Shedding a Light on Social Media Harassment of Female Sportswriters
Newsday: May 3, 2016
At the Women in the World New York Summit, Mary Beard Traces the Origins of Misogyny
Women in the World : April 28, 2016
- Special Parking Spaces for ‘Women Drivers’: Really?