Medical Monday posts are written to share medical information and to offer prescriptions for healthy living in the second half of life. It is important to include joy and laughter in the health equation so I am sharing my 2014 age inappropriate resolutions with you. I enourage each of you to add some adventures to your list of self improvements as well.
This year I have resolved to have more fun! I plan to:
1. Sign emails XOXO. I have a dear friend who does this. She is joyful, generous, authentic . . . and over 50, thank you very much. So for those of you whom I care about, get ready! XOXO
2. Let my hair grow. I was always told, “When you get older, keep your hair short. Hair length below the chin brings focus to the jawline and neck.” I like my neck.
3. Continue to work more than full time at my advanced age. I like to work. Retirement sounds like purgatory to me.
4. Flirt more. May have to decrease working hours.
5. Take pole dancing classes. Refer to number 4.
6. Channel (the medium through which a spirit guide purportedly communicates with the physical world) Diana Vreeland and wear red lipstick every day.
7. Snag tickets to Beyoncé concert and wear new leather pants.
8. Learn to twerk.
9. Finally take that driving course at the Skip Barber Racing School. I love fast cars.
10. Text friends regularly, using acronyms such as—
IMHO—In my humble opinion (not likely)
STBY—Sucks To Be You (do young people actually say this to another person?)
IRL—In Real Life
IRL is what this post is about. IRL, take some risks, have more fun, and define that fun your way. Think about how to fill that 2014 IRL time with imagination, laughter (especially at yourself), and joy.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE WOMEN OF WOMEN’S VOICES FOR CHANGE! WE APPRECIATE YOUR VOICES, YOUR POSTS, YOUR COMMENTS, AND YOUR SUPPORT.